Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Climbing in the Kitchen

We have this somewhat ugly yellow table and chair set in our kitchen. I was supposed to paint it white not long after we received the hand-me-down furniture from someone in Chris's family. I was also supposed to tile the top of it so that the top sans-tablecloth would look better. However, I didn't because of some excuse or another I thought up. It would look much nicer in white. The tablecloth would be on there except Andrew discovered months ago that he could yank at the sides of it and start to pull it (and anything else on top of it) off the table.

Anyway, last week or so, Andrew's newest feat was climbing up any one of the kitchen chairs. The first time I watched him do it, he stuck his foot on top of the rung and pulled himself up onto the seat of the chair. The fourth or fifth time, after realizing I should push in the chairs to prevent the climber from getting up, Andrew went underneath the table and found a chair that wasn't pushed in all the way. He pulled himself up onto the chair and squirmed his body into the small opening between the table and the back of the chair.

Note to self: push chairs in all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment