On Saturday, I had been invited over to my friend Cheryl's for dinner so Chris would be putting Andrew to bed by himself for the second night in about a month. The previous time he had watched Andrew, Chris had left dishes and toys everywhere.
Before I left, I wasn't much more optimistic. Chris and Andrew's godfather were watching Andrew while I got ready to go. All of a sudden, I heard Andrew shrieking. I ran to the kitchen and found a very wet Andrew in Chris's and Anthony's care, sobbing. Somehow, Andrew had gotten into the trash can, grabbed the raw chicken wrappings, and started rubbing them on his face and in his mouth. It's still unclear how exactly Andrew got into the trash can; it was left unlocked, but his getting in and actually grabbing something also meant he wasn't being watched carefully. He could've gotten sick! A that point, I wasn't very motivated to leave for the night.
My friend Erin arrived minutes later and we left not long afterwards. I ended up having a really good night. Cheryl had Tostitos with queso dip and then had made chicken enchiladas. For dessert when she and I realized we were hungry later on, we had Nilla wafers with frozen cool whip. It was a great opportunity to catch up, hang out, and relax.
Upon getting home at 11pm, I returned to a very clean kitchen, picked up family room, folded laundry I had partly left unfolded, better trellised blackberry vines, and apparently a very successful chicken rotisserie experience on the grill. Chris did an amazing job, one better than I often do.
In my house the "Daddy fail" is often followed with "Daddy tries to make up for it, bigtime."
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, these darn kids are magnets for the dirty & gross!