Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

It was beautiful yesterday.

We had cheese souffle, "perfectly cooked - an Easter miracle" (according to Chris) bacon, crepes, and pineapple for breakfast then Chris gave Andrew a needed haircut while I got ready to leave for church.

After Mass with my dad, Anthony came over for an hour with Honest Tea and pretty orange and yellow flowers, which are now brightening up my kitchen (and replaced the dying ones Chris gave me two weeks ago). We gave Andrew his Easter basket which contained his bathing suit and a new ball. He was most interested in pulling out the fake grass and putting it back in.

We then went to Chris's parents house for lunch with his sister's family. We sat outside for most of the afternoon, enjoyed pizza for dinner after Chris's sister and family went back to PA, and sat outside some more to watch the birds and let Andrew run back and forth on the deck. It was a really nice afternoon.

To close the day out, Andrew fell asleep on the way home and slept for 12 hours. Lisa and Naciem also came over and we played the US map of Ticket to Ride.

Oh, also! I finally met another mother (Liz) at our parish yesterday. She has an almost five (I think) year old and a fourteen month old. We've been sitting near each other at Mass for a while (in addition to yesterday and Good Friday). She asked when I was due because I all of a sudden had popped out and I took the opportunity to ask her name and her children's ages. Andrew's also been fascinated by the "baby" over the past few months so I was excited to finally meet her and talk to her for two seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment