Andrew likes rocks. In this case, he likes gravel.
Chris purchased a truck load of gravel last week to use in the deck project. Andrew was playing with the gravel in the truck with Anthony over the weekend. Yesterday, he picked up some of the rocks that were on the ground and wanted to bring them inside. I had him leave all of them except two in front of our St. Joseph statue, and then the other two he left on the table outside of our front door.
Today we went outside to get the mail and afterwards, he picked up his two rocks from the table. My mistake? I let him bring them inside.
Fifteen minutes or so later, Andrew comes over to me with a pita chip in one hand and he starts saying "rock, rock, rock." At first, I'm not quite sure why, but then he opens his mouth a little more and holds it open before saying rock again. Andrew put the two rocks in his mouth.
Fortunately, he let me take them out, but I had to tell him (again) how we don't put rocks in our mouths because they're not food, they're dirty (most of the time), and can make us choke. At least I could be amused though, because everything was okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment