Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1-2-3-4... Let's Explore!

Andrew has been watching a lot of Wild Animal Baby Explorers recently. It's the only TV show he'll ask for (by saying "Baby") except sometimes he does ask for Thomas & Friends (by saying "Tom").

They sing a song before they start exploring a particular type of nature or animal. It begins with "1, 2, 3, 4" in which Sammy the Skunk, Benita the Beaver, Izzy the Owl, and Skip the Rabbit put their hands in to stack them. One day last week or so, I put my hand in front of Andrew and had him put his hand on top of mine, then I put my other hand on top of his and he put his other hand on top of mine. Then I said "Let's explore!" and he chimed in with a sound like "splore!" because I don't think he can manage the two syllables yet.

Yesterday and today, he's run over to me after the main characters do it in the show and we do it together, too. Andrew's quite excited. I also try to get him to dance along with the music sometimes so that he thinks of his TV shows as a more active activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment