Friday, November 18, 2011

Really Sleepless Nights

Lucy has a rash on her face... and most of the rest of her body. At her six month appointment on the 14th, the doctor told my mother-in-law it was baby excema. I was convinced it was an allergy to something and not dry skin. I've been trumped by many of those around me, including the doctor, who recommended hydrocortisone, which I am not comfortable with my six-month-old using. I haven't used it yet, mostly because I haven't made an effort to purchase some after I looked in the three places it might have been in the house. Regardless, she also has a diaper rash which hasn't gone away for a week and a half. Additionally, I think she's teething. There seems to be more of a raised bump on the bottom-left-front gums.

Any or all of these easily could have contributed to her sleepy, pained cries on Tuesday night from 12-2:30am and then for another hour later in the morning, during which time I did not check the clock. This might not have been so terrible had I not been ready to lay down in bed at midnight, after designating 11-11:45pm for catching up on grading or had I not needed to leave the house by 7am to go to work. Alas, with the kindness of what can only be God's grace (and caffeine), I was not overly exhausted.

Now, fast forward to Wednesday night and press repeat. Lucy needed me at 1:30am this time... and then again later in the early morning, before my 6am alarm. I think I looked at the clocks, but was too tired to remember. All I know is that I wasn't awake as much as Tuesday night and that last night wasn't as bad; she only woke up for eating.

I am just hoping Lucy feels better all around as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment