Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Blog?

I'm debating starting a new blog. I'd keep this one, though, and focus it on my day-to-day experiences as a record for myself, friends, family, children, and whoever else who may want to follow the goings on that I actually make time to write about.

I was inspired today to start a new blog, though. It's captured my attention with a desire deep in my heart and it seems to fulfill a passion I've been longing to pursue: the exploration of my Catholic faith with a purpose and potential readership. I've longed to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I've been longing to find a purpose to all of the blogs I read and the parts of the Catechism I read to learn. I also want to better articulate the things I read in discussion with others instead of simply posting an article on Facebook or sending along a link to someone.

Additionally, for the past few years I have been interested in pursuing a Master's degree in theology, but have yet to see time for it or see myself making time for it at the moment, currently recognize its expense and how it would not further my current career path. However, I love learning and think I can self-motivate myself to write on what I learn and try to do it in a more creative manner than I usually try to dictate my posts on this blog most times. I'm working on the ideas, but I think having a direction would increase my motivation to actually update both blogs.

I'm currently working on a name and the goals in order that I might create a new blog and get started on my first post(s). I'll explain more later when I finish fleshing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment