Tonight I wanted to try to go to an event at work, because I wanted to see my students perform vocal and instrumental pop music, with which I'm sure I wouldn't have been very familiar. However, I tried to find someone to go with too late because I didn't realize Chris had a Knights meeting and my usual go-to person, my mother, was out of town. I was a little intimidated to go by myself with Andrew and Lucy, when it's entirely unpredictable as to how well they will behave. I was leaning towards trying to go anyway, because I really wanted to see the performances.
However, Chris got home around 6:30 when Andrew and Lucy were running up and down the hallway to burn some energy. They continued playing with daddy and laughing a lot. Andrew wanted to play with him, cried when Chris went through the gate, and was excited again when daddy agreed to play "tag." Andrew's version of tag seems to be running away from someone, not really trying to tag someone. Andrew kept knocking Lucy down and Lucy kept laughing, which continues to convince Andrew that it doesn't or won't hurt her. Chris swung Lucy around some, and she became a giggling wreck. Both my children then downed a lot more milk.
Before Chris left for his meeting around 7:45, I got the kids into pajamas. Lucy was sleepy since she still is recovering from her ear infection, only diagnosed on Tuesday, and Andrew seemed sleepy because he had a long, exciting day and just ran up and down the hallway and around the furniture. I told Andrew he needed to have quiet time, to which he decided meant setting up his tent in the hallway for the second time this week. For his third birthday, he got a Cars 2 tent, which when standing upright wouldn't fit him laying under it, but on its side, works like a pseudo-puffy sleeping bag/tent. He stuffed his Thomas & Friends pillow and comforter inside and would alternate between playing in the tent, wandering off to the family room to play quietly, climbing up on the chair with me while I sang to Lucy and tried not to fall asleep in my tiredness. She fell asleep, had a few coughing fits, and by the time I put her down around 9 (because I did fall asleep), Andrew was out in his tent so I moved him to his bed.
I love my family even amidst the craziness that sometimes seems too much too handle coupled with work and house responsibilities.
Oh, Andrew found a dead bird outside today, apparently touched it, and said it wasn't moving and wouldn't fly. Chris's dad cleaned it up before I got home so fortunately I didn't see it. I'm a little surprised there was a dead bird on the patio right next to my house.
I read a very popular blog, and the writer behind it posted a couple entries about finding birds outside her house, the first which died over the night (it had been taken in and given a warm place to rest), and the second was found by her daughter, and it died within the hour.
ReplyDeleteApparently, birds have an instinct of picking a safe and quiet place to spend their last moments. Perhaps that bird found something comforting about your home, and the factors behind their selection is truly within the workings of nature.
Did Andrew ask any questions about the events that unfolded around the finding of that dead bird?
Andrew is almost 3 and a half? When did *that* happen? :)
ReplyDelete