And as it has been, I have been away for some time. My last post was November 28th and that was because I posted my Shutterfly Christmas card, which earned me a $10 discount on my next purchase, which I then used to purchase some calendars for family Christmas presents.
I had a post some months ago about baby #3 being a boy, but I never wrote anything in it except the title.
On that, Andrew and Lucy are really excited about their baby brother coming soon. I don't know how much "soon" registers with them, but we've been preparing and talking about how Andrew will be a big brother again and Lucy will be a big sister.
I have everything at home as ready as possible except for retrieving the crib from our friends who borrowed it. Worst case, if the baby comes before we get Andrew's room rearranged and the crib set-up, the baby will end up in the pram (maybe in Chris's and my room) for a week.
Lucy is now in a day bed. While we were in PA after Christmas through New Year's Day, Lucy climbed out of the pack and play and then upon returning home, successfully and surprisingly climbed out of her crib. Chris took the front off of her crib because it can convert to a day bed. We have a guardrail up until I actually drive to Babies R' Us to special order the guard & bed rails that, after much research and an email to the company who made the crib, can actually be ordered. Lucy had been waking up 2-4 times a night for weeks, partly because of the switch to the daybed, partly because of a cold, and partly because of teething. She slept through the night the past two nights. I'm thankful for the respite in needing to put her back in bed or falling asleep with her out in the armchair and hope she continues. I'm also hoping the bedtime routine has been helping in addition to keeping the heat up 1 degree higher. Her room seems to be the coldest in the house.
Andrew and Lucy love Disney Junior. They both liked "Chuggington" for a while, but have since seemingly moved on to other shows, to my slight disappointment. Lucy requests "Mouse!" and Andrew likes "Jake" and "Octonauts" and "Little Einsteins." They watch on TV (often Verizon's On Demand feature so to get the shows they like) and on the iPad. Andrew still calls the iPad, "my pad" and we keep reminding him it's daddy's for work and not his. I'm really thankful we removed YouTube and Chris found some games for Andrew to play on there. I unfortunately have been overusing the TV and iPad for their entertainment recently because of a website-store project for one of Chris's coworkers, but I hope it's somewhat balanced out with story-time before bed and the occasions when I do keep the TV off to opt for blocks. My kids haven't played trains in weeks.
That's all I have time to update on for now. Maybe I will attempt to schedule time to update more often, because I really would like this venue for writing and maybe starting to reflect more on my experiences as a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment