Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jumping Children

Yesterday, after an early bathtime, we were sitting on the floor of Lucy's room. I was impatiently awaiting Andrew getting his pajamas on in fear of Patrick waking up in the midst of the clothing adventure and then having a naked Andrew running around the house as he is apt to do at times in protest of clothing. Lucy was excited for Andrew's pajamas and kept throwing them on the floor. For once she didn't try to put them on. At some point, she started trying to jump. She bent her knees and tried, but her feet didn't leave the ground the first few times. She was giggling so much. Andrew was jumping next to her. On the fourth or fifth time, though, Lucy's feet left the ground just slightly. "You jumped!" I told her. "You can jump!"

Lucy was so excited. I was excited. Andrew was excited and started jumping off from his bed instead of just letting his feet leave the ground. Lucy and I did a high ten (yes, we high five with both hands often) and then Andrew also did one with her, because what's better in a house than having two jumping children... and then she kept trying to jump.

Andrew and Lucy then watched WALL-E while Patrick continued to sleep.

I love Lucy's giggles and love how enthusiastic she and Andrew can be. It's all more enjoyable, though, when I take the time to sit with them than try to work through or around their play.

No comments:

Post a Comment