Monday, July 22, 2013

Crepes

I bought mascarpone a few weeks ago because I wanted to eat the crepes from my freezer that I made before Patrick was born. I dislike purchasing mascarpone because it's delicious but above the price point I like to pay for breakfast. Regardless, I had crepes and I love crepes with mascarpone.

Well with the roofing project, I had to delay using the crepes for breakfast for a week or two. We had them before Mass this week. I made a strawberry coulis, which I've made for breakfasts a while ago and the Shrove Tuesday dinner party.

My mom has been wanting crepes for a dinner she wants to make and I kept delaying making because I kept forgetting to set aside time for that. I had suggested going over to her house yesterday, but the K of C officer commissioning events ran longer than expected so that didn't work out.  I figured I would just adjust as necessary.

Today, I made more crepes during Patrick's naptime. The batter sat for almost an hour in the fridge while Patrick started his nap; he started fussing after I'd made about half of them on the stove. I turned on the bees and music on the swing and he calmed down. He happened to fall back asleep for another hour! Andrew and Lucy had been watching the end of Rio and some Dora the Explorer.

When I finished, Andrew and Lucy must have eaten about one and a half or two each without anything on them! They were asking for more, but I told them they could wait until dinner (of which Andrew ate a few bites of bread and Lucy ate most of her pasta; both passed entirely on their hamburger).

I just enjoyed the last two leftover crepes from Sunday's breakfast crepes and will think about waking up early enough tomorrow to prepare some for Chris before he heads off to work. We'll see... it may have to wait until Wednesday since I'm staying up at the moment to get some writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment