Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mulch Marshmallows

It's a little overcast today but we went to the playground anyway. It started dripping while we there but the kids were having fun so I told them we could stay if we played under the little canopy that's set up over the ages 2-5 playground (both Lucy and Andrew like the 5-12 year old playground better). While we sat over there, we had a water break and then Andrew ran off the play with the mulch. After convincing Lucy to stop throwing mulch, she went over to where Andrew was playing. I heard Andrew's shriek "she wrecked my campfire!" I told Lucy to apologize and ask how she could help him build another one. She said "sorry! help Andrew" and he proceeded to explain to her the rebuilding process. They then made me marshmallows, dinner, a drink, more dinner, and finally dessert even though I told them I was already full.

(The marshmallows consisted of a longer piece of mulch with a small piece on top. After that, everything was piles of mulch dropped in my hand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment