Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Temporary Tattoo

Andrew and Lucy received several little boxes of temporary tattoos from Trick-or-Treating and have been trying to open them almost every time we go into their candy bag to get a treat.

Last week, Andrew finally succeeded in catching me after I got home from work but before Lucy woke up. He thought they were stickers, hence the interest. I told him they needed water to stick. I asked him if he wanted the entire sheet or just one. He did not want all four and picked a cat.  I started to put the wet paper towel on the back of the tattoo on his hand and he tried to pull his hand away. He didn't want it anymore.

I told him to wait as we counted to 30 together. He wouldn't count with me. He just stared at me.

After I got to 30, I removed the paper towel and there was a cat there. He still didn't want it. I half-heartedly tried to wipe the temporary tattoo off but it wouldn't do anything (hey, I had to try; I don't think I ever had them as a kid or if I did, I blocked the experience from my memory). I told him it would come off later during his bath if he really wanted it off of his hand.

A few minutes later, I heard a strange sound coming from across the house. I looked at my mother-in-law and said "I think that's the bath. I think he started a bath." When I arrived at the bathroom, I looked in and there Andrew was, with the stopper in and running water for his bath. What a problem-solver!

So he had his after-dinner bath before dinner. I then let Lucy and Patrick take a bath, too, because well... why waste the water?

1 comment: