Friday, February 28, 2014

Andrew's Artwork (at the age of 4 and a half)

I remember last year when Andrew was asked to draw a picture of himself or himself and his family in pre-school. It was a bunch of scribbles. I didn't expect anything of him because we hadn't talked about drawing people ever. We'd barely discussed drawing anything. Later in the year, he'd give people heads, maybe with eyes, and stick or scribbled bodies; most parts would be missing.

A few days ago, Andrew was coloring and he drew a robot (forgot to take a picture of it) and an animal of some sort:

iggy outback

I think it's a mouse, but Andrew corrected me. I don't remember what he said it was though. Regardless, I was impressed because it had a head, eyes, nose, ears, a body, arms/legs, and a tail! I'm not sure whether or not to attribute these new found drawing skills to Andrew's Pre-K teachers or my MIL, but I am appreciative.

As you can see, Andrew named him Iggy Outback and asked Chris to help him spell it. Andrew is very into knowing the names of things now; he asks for the names of his stuffed animals constantly (until he learns them).

Overall, I was really happy that he drew this and put it on the fridge for him and Lucy (who was also excited about Andrew's drawings) to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment