Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Honestly, I'm tired today and don't feel like writing this post. I want to, though. I've wanted to write several of the past few days and just... haven't. I've been on my laptop numerous times, but I haven't wanted to open up a new post and begin. A few days ago I didn't get on my laptop at all. I didn't feel like it. I also didn't have a very "feel good" sort of day two days ago. I felt entirely unproductive and useless on my bed (couch) rest. I didn't want to do anything except wallow. I think I was happiest when I read bedtime stories to Lucy that day. It was the same day when I had my blood drawn three times for the never-enjoyed glucose test. I did get three projects graded.

I think part of the reason I hadn't wanted to write was that I wanted to write a cheery, upbeat entry about the conclusion of 2014 and the start of 2015. Alas, I'm not quite there yet. I may get there by the end of this, though.

To start, I am very thankful that I have not had any further complications besides lower pelvic pain (either Braxton Hicks which I've never had before or baby girl was sitting in a very uncomfortable position for several hours two separate days) and that baby girl has stayed in my belly to make it to 28 weeks, bringing in 2015 at 28 weeks and 4 days. Two of my friends had their baby girls early, having been due in January. Both babies are doing well and are beautiful! I'm so happy for their growing families.

Originally for New Year's Eve, we had been talking about my grandmother visiting along with my uncle Tom and my pseudo-uncle (family friend) William. Well, Tom caught whatever cold/fever sickness that William had last week and my grandmother (and us) didn't want us to be exposed to it. Along with them not coming, my parents and brother opted to stay home.

Nevertheless, Chris's parents came over and brought pizza for dinner so we had a nice dinner with them, Anthony, and my sister. Chris made Cherry Clafoutis (which he'd made for Thanksgiving a few years ago) with Lucy earlier in the day so we had that deliciousness for dessert. My sister and I played Little Big Planet Karting for the second day in a row and then put Lucy to bed at 8:30 while Chris was putting Patrick to bed. Finally, after much delay, we got Andrew to bed at 9:30. Chris, Anthony, my sister, and I spent time playing on the PS3 (Buzz Quiz World & Mushroom Wars) until 11:55 when we turned back to our TV. Fortunately, we only endured a few minutes of switching between boring host-conversation and a concert before watching the ball drop. We then stayed up until 1, which is definitely why I'm tired today, flipping between stations to see what their post-midnight celebrations were. With this, I caught briefly up on some popular music, finding some of it offensive and others a little more interesting. There's a reason, though, that I stick mostly to specific country songs and Catholic/Christian songs: I don't appreciate the messages in most popular music.

Anyway, I look forward to the adventures in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment