Back in May before my last post, Chris and I hosted Lucy's 4th birthday party with a Frozen theme. Chris cooked, my mom made the cake, Lucy had fun running around with her friends mostly outside, and she received many Frozen-themed gifts. We celebrated Mother's Day the next day at my grandmother's house.
After my less than optimistic return to work, three of my SADD club members threw me a welcome back (and an end-of-the-year) party which was really sweet of them.
At the end of May, I helped throw a baseball-themed bridal shower for one of my friends with our other friend and her sister. There was a taco bar, a buffalo chicken dip, popcorn, and pretzels. I made baseball cupcakes out of the yellow and chocolate cake recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction and used a cream cheese frosting, which is my most recent obsession. I messed up the first attempt at the yellow cupcakes, but Chris used the not-so-pretty batch to make a trifle with raspberries.
| 05.31.15 - baseball cupcakes |
Lucy finished preschool on June 3rd, I finished school on June 4th with a professional day, and then Andrew finished on June 5th. The kindergarten invited parents to come to hear some recitations and songs they'd learned and practiced throughout the year, which was enjoyable.
On Saturday, June 6th, we had that same friend's bachelorette party at Paint in the Hut which involved painting and wine, which was fun. We followed it up with dinner at an Italian restaurant and then drinks (for some of us) at several other locations. Getting home around 11:30 wasn't too bad and I only needed to pump twice (#nursingmotherproblems).
| 06.06.15 - with my finished painting c/o Leshia w/ my camera |
We held a surprise 60th birthday party at my grandmother's house for mom last Sunday. Although we thought she suspected something, she didn't and was actually surprised. Her sisters, mom, and brother-in-law, godfather (who flew in from out of town), and friends (from VA) were able to come in addition to the Sunday regulars. Chris cooked dinner and for the cake, I used the same yellow cake recipe as above and then the cream cheese frosting with added lime zest and juice with a stabilized whipped cream for the filling. We then went out to Bonefish Grill for dinner yesterday.
As to t-ball, the topic of my last post, Andrew and Lucy have maybe one practice and two games remaining. On their make-up game this Wednesday (my mom's actual birthday), both of them ran the bases really well (ie - neither walked and Lucy only needed minimal reminders to run to the next base!).
I've enjoyed getting to see my stay-at-home mom friends several times this week and watching our kids play together. I instituted a Thursday work day, which my mom and sister are helping with by watching Andrew, Lucy, and Patrick, in order to start preparing for the next school year.. I haven't quite stuck to all of my planned summer schedule yet, but I'll try again or revise it for next week!
![]() |
| 06.08.15 - Playdate at a friend's house |

No comments:
Post a Comment