So... I held off posting this because I originally had wanted to add pictures. However, since I still haven't done that, I'm posting it anyway. Imagine it's back on May 21st, when I actually wrote this:
So at 14 months and last Friday, Mary is a walker! She is also a really good listener. She usually follows one and two step directions. She has been helping herself get dressed for a few months now; she started with her arms but now also likes to try to help with her legs and trying to pull her pants up to her waist.
Chris has cooked dinner 5 times in the past week, which is extra amazing because I've gotten tired of cooking. With work, still very inconsistent sleep*), and having primary been responsible for dinners over the past several months, I've been less inspired and lost interest in cooking. I'm hoping, with the end of the school year approaching, that I'll once again be more motivated.
Lucy's now 5. On her actual birthday, she had tball practice. For dessert, my mom had made chocolate pound cake so we enjoyed that and presents after practice. The following weekend, we had a princess-decoration playdate pizza ice cream sundae party. It stormed before (I got locked out of my car in the rain while running errands with Mary; my dad came to the rescue) but dried up enough to wipe down the tables and chairs outside for dinner and dessert for half our friends and kids. Then it started raining again towards the end, and it was beautiful with a sunshine-lit yellow against the great clouds and being able to see the rain falling down over the roof. I'm so thankful to God that there was a break in the storm so we didn't have to fit the 20 kids and 19 adults (or so) solely in the house.
I'm so glad the rainy 3 or 4 weeks is over. With only a few non rainy days, it had been rough.
We let Andrew try out for travel soccer so we'll see about that. He is also playing coach pitch but he's only had 5 or 6 practices, 1 scrimmage, and finally has his 1st game today.
Classes wrapped up yesterday (and we held our final department meeting) so there are now only 2 weeks left of work until summer: graduation, exams, grading, and professional development.
*Mary has now only slept through the night a few times. Most recently at the beginning of May, she slept once from 11pm to 7am.

No comments:
Post a Comment