Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Erraticly Sleeping Throughout the Night

As I think I've mentioned before, Andrew hasn't yet slept through the night. Most recently, he'd get up 2 times a night and would maybe nurse one of those two times.

Three nights ago, I was blessed with a child who only woke up once. He went to bed by 9:30, got up around 2, slept until about 6:30, went back to sleep until 7, and then woke up for the day.

Two nights ago, he got up at least 3 times after going to bed at 8 (granted, one of those times was at 8:20 and he was back in bed by 8:30).

Last night, he went to bed at 7, got up at 7:30, got up at 11:30, got up around 1, got up again sometime between 2 and 4 and then eventually woke up for the day around 7am.

I don't really know what to do with him. Last night I didn't chase him around the living and dining rooms to wear him out as I did Sunday and Monday nights, but he was worn out from the pool so I figured I didn't need to chase him around the furniture.

On the upside, he does consisently nap for 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon beginning at 11 after swim lessons or around 10. For the most part, he hasn't been taking a second nap.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lyzii!
    I know my baby isn't here yet but from helping my aunt with her triplets when they were babies the biggest thing that helped her with sleeping through the night was a regular schedule. Having the same bedtime (timing and routine beforehand) was huge for them as far as consistency. I noticed from your entry that bedtime isn't consistent so I thought that might help! She did a lot of research on it so if you want I could try to get some resources from her! Just let me know! (Facebook!)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete