So three days ago or so I posted on Facebook that #2 is due on May 15th. I had alreaday told some of the administration at work in addition to my department chair and one of my coworkers who is due later this month.
I had one student congratulate me two days ago, but I hadn't actually told any of my classes yet, so maybe she found out from someone on Facebook.
Yesterday, though, I did tell three of my classes. I had debated when to tell them and had decided to wait until after I actually had my sonogram. Nevertheless, about ten minutes into my second class of the day when I started lecturing, I felt awful. I was entirely nauseous and didn't think snacking on Saltines between each slide would help enough. After I finished explaining the information on the first slide and my class of thirteen finished writing their notes, I made the announcement that I didn't feel well enough to lecture, and most of it was due to my being pregnant. They were really excited for me and seemed to understand. They worked quietly for the remainder of the class on their individual exercise in Word, and I did feel better. I told my other two classes of the day (the last of which I did feel well enough to lecture/explain information), so as to not get off topic during class. My last one was particularly vocal, which was not surprising because they're my chattiest class, and many offered their names as suggestions if the baby's a girl.
After dismissal for the day, I was approached by one of my coworkers who had definitely found out I was pregnant because she had this excited, secretive look on her face. She told me she was happy for me and that one of my other coworkers who I had told earlier that day had told her because she had also been really excited.
I now just need to finish telling my other coworkers, my homeroom, and my other two classes. I also need to get through Open House tomorrow and the professional day on Monday. I might get a day off next week for my mother-in-law's surgery, but she hasn't found out when yet so I (or Chris) can actually make arrangements at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment