Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Although Anthony offered to baby-sit Andrew, we opted to stay in for dinner. I didn't really want to spend the money or time going out, so Chris purchased dry-aged rib-eye from Whole Foods. He made a salad with a mustard apple cider vinaigrette and it followed up with the charcoal grill-cooked rib-eye, thin waffle-cut french fries, and glazed carrots.

Having had applesauce and cheez-its not long beforehand, Andrew barely touched his leftover hamburger, opting instead for microwaved broccoli and a few shavings of parsnip. At least he enjoyed his vegetables.

After putting Andrew to bed, Chris and I enjoyed the bittersweet chocolate custard I made, although it should have been less truffle-like and more custard-y. Apparently I should have taken it out an hour in advance so it could come to almost room temperature. I might have to make it again someday and then half the serving size just in case it's still intense.

We also had a pre-Valentine's Day on Sunday with our friends Naciem and Lisa, who're expecting a little one on the 23rd (only a week away!). Chris made salads, waffle-cut and regular french fries (with Lisa's help frying), and grass-fed beef hamburgers. It was quite good as well.

My goal for a belated Valentine's Day present is to print out pictures to put in a variety of frames that have been sitting on the office (soon to be our new - God willing - baby's room) for the past two years or so. I'm also going to finally pick a picture for the master bathroom to put in the frame I bought in the fall. I hope to order the smaller pictures today and the larger picture on Wednesday after I look at the 3x5 printout samples in our bathroom. I hope it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment