Up to this point, I haven't been consistent or even really required Andrew to clean up his toys. I want to make it a habit though so that before beginning a new activity, we clean up from the previous one.
Today we practiced and I was surprised how easy it was. I asked him to clean up his train tracks before reading stories and he did it quickly and without further prompting. He then went over to clean up the books he'd pulled out from our taller bookshelf without being asked! I went over to help him because he struggled to get the books back in, but I was really impressed! After his nap, he wanted to play with blocks, so I asked him to put away the few train tracks he'd taken out. He also put away the blocks and a few other small items he'd pulled out while playing with the tracks. In the middle of playing blocks, he brought me the TV remotes and asked for birds, so I asked him to clean up the blocks. Granted, he had to clean them up twice because halfway through cleaning up, he decided he wanted to play again, but he did it and seemed to have fun with it. Now he's watching his bird show, which is apparently a movie.
I realize Andrew might not always clean up without protesting, but I'm glad we had one very positive day!
No comments:
Post a Comment