So to start the deck project, Chris jack-hammered the sidewalk on the side of our house last week. Then on Friday and Saturday, he and my brother worked to dig six holes for the deck posts. Within minutes of my brother's first hole, he cut Verizon's internet cable. So from Friday night after returning from dinner for my mom's birthday until about fifteen minutes ago, I have only had the limited Internet capabilities of my semi-smartphone. This equated to checking my two gmail accounts and Facebook.
Although it was only two and a half days, I felt fairly cut off from the world (what with no access to my blogs, Catholic news stories, and various web browsing to answer questions or research things). Additionally, I wasn't able to enter the last one or two giveaways on a friend's website.
Granted, we did go to a wedding on Saturday which was quite enjoyable (beautiful little chapel, interesting group of people - many of whom had little children, family and friend-run reception, and really good food - tacos). I also enjoyed a lot of cuddle time with Lucy while reading and thinking about writing. I hope I have learned something about discipline from The No-Cry Discipline Solution. My mom purchased it for me a year or so ago when I purchased The No-Cry Sleep Solution when struggling with Andrew not sleeping through the night.
Lucy is technically already sleeping through the night. Besides last week's consistency of 4-6 hours straight at one time, she slept 7 last night. However, the downside is that she slept from 11pm-6am and then Andrew got up by 6:30am. Additionally, I woke up at 4:30am and had to pump because I couldn't wake her for a short nursing session. Therefore, I wasn't quite rested. Andrew did take a nice three hour nap this afternoon from 12:40-3:40pm. I didn't get the chance to nap today, though yesterday I did have two naps and today enjoyed a Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappuccino.
Also I found out yesterday, that even though I wasn't able to enter the last one or two giveaways because of the lack of internet connection, I did win one of the giveaways on my friend's website! I won one of the items I was most excited about: the Guardian Angel Saint Softie from Saintly Silver! I finally browsed her Etsy shop before entering the giveaway and I want the Saint Softies for my children... eventually. I might purchase them as Christmas presents. They're too cute!
All in all, I survived - as I should - without much access to the internet. It truly was only an annoyance because I'm used to having it all the time for its convenience.
No comments:
Post a Comment