Friday, June 3, 2011

Quick Post

I've been meaning to update since my last post about my sister being in town (started but not finished) and about Lucy's baptism (in my head), but both seem a little daunting to write so I've been procrastinating.

Quickly, I'll just note a few things from this week:

1. Andrew woke up at 7:30am yesterday, didn't nap because we were out (mostly window) shopping, ran around the block with my mom, ran around after Chris when he manually watered the garden (manually, because he took the watering can and a bucket around after filling them with water), and then was falling asleep while eating dinner (around 7pm). He then woke up every fifteen minutes to half hour and cried loudly from his room until he finally seemed to fall asleep around 9:30 or 10pm. He was in a great mood this morning

2. Lucy slept for four and a half to five hours straight last night, from about 10:30pm to 3:30am. This is a huge blessed after I only had four hours or so of sleep the previous night because she got up for three hours in the early morning, a lot of te other time I was paranoid of her not breathing effectively because of her somewhat stuffy nose, and then Andrew woke up at the aforementioned time of 7:30 (though maybe it was actually 7). I don't quite remember exact times; I like to think my lack of memory comes from the tiredness.

3. Andrew says "cheese" for the camera and smiles most times now, which I did notice while my siste was here last week.

4. Andrew's top right (two year) molar is entirely in and his bottom two (two year) molars are entirely visible as they poke through the gum. I haven't been able to see or feel his top left one, though. I noticed while we were brushing teeth last week and Andrew said "ahhhhhhh" long enough for me to finally look.

5. I'm really excited that Andrew and Lucy have so many potential playmates with the other young/new mothers I need to schedule get-togethers with... though I have yet to plan the two year old birthday party I wanted to have for Andrew with said families and the two inflatable pools Andrew has thanks to his Aunt Theresa (last year) and Anthony (this year).

6. In order to not have to purchase too many "in between" maternity and post-partum weight clothes, I'm wearing a lot of elastic-waist skirts which look nice, are good for the warm weather (though not breezy weather like yesterday), and are good at any stage in life.

7. I suppose I'll shut the computer now and actually go take care of important house-keeping items before running errands to buy sandals and finally purchase thank you cards and stampes among other things.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for skirts! I am so glad that Jason Evert and Wendy Shalit started my modest conversion back in undergrad. I never realized how practical, pretty, and fun skirts could be until I started wearing them and keeping them within modest guidelines.

    ReplyDelete