Saturday, October 15, 2011

Blue Jay Watching

Ten minutes ago I was sitting in front of the computer, scanning a receipt, and catching up on some blog reading. Chris was telling Andrew to look for the bird because it was making noises outside our side door. As he's about to walk out of the room, he asked "what are you doing?" I told him and then thought that I should really get down from my chair, sit next to Andrew, and watch the bird.

So I did.

It wasn't just one bird, though. There were three! We watched them hop around from branch to branch, fly away, then come back again, before flying away to other trees, further away from our house. It was quite fascinating, and they were quite beautiful.

Andrew and I talked quietly for most of the time we sat there. I asked him about what he saw, what they were doing, where they were, etc. Andrew's side of the conversation went something like this:

"Jay! Two! Jay! Jumping! Eat! Nut! Hop! One! Jay! Blue! Fly! Tree! Orange! (a)Way!"

It was a really great ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment