Friday, October 7, 2011

On Cleaning & A Husbands Help

I don't remember what day it was; but I think it was the day before I updated last.

Chris helped with a lot of things. He finally took the exersaucer and jumper seat out of the shed for Lucy, who's been supporting her head up really well. To note, she has yet to roll over, but she also pushes her head up 90 degrees while on her tummy. At her four (and a half) month appointment, she weighed 16.5lbs. She's in between 6 month and 9 month clothing.

He also picked up Andrew's toys and vacuumed the family/play room. He washed the mirrors throughout the house. He also went to the grocery store for miscellaneous items. He might have made dinner, but I don't quite remember at this point. Regardless, he did a lot.

He also folded laundry... a lot of laundry. I was resentful at first, because folding laundry is one of my more favorite of the chores. Additionally, I was aggravated because as he started to fold the laundry, he said I needed to fold laundry the day I washed it. Although true, it stung. Yet, I was days behind and I had four or so loads running through the washing machine and ending up overflowing the two laundry baskets. I decided to move on as best as I could and focus on the kitchen cleaning and miscellaneous picking up, until he had some piles together which I put away immediately (something else I could improve on - I leave folded baskets of laundry out in various locations throughout the house for days some weeks). To note, Andrew also helped by transferring clothes from the hamper to the washing machine, from the washing machine to the dryer, and from the dryer to the basket - until he went to bed.

All in all, I appreciated his hard work and help inside the house that day. Sometimes it's just hard to do it all by myself, even though he does a lot at his work and in our yard.

I made an effort to pick up a little bit around the house today, because I've been leaving quite a few piles around for weeks that won't seem to disappear and organize themselves. I really need to organize everything better so that I have less clutter and know where to find everything. I also need to finally continue sorting through things of mine that came from my parents' house, which I shoved in my closet amidst my clothes. I hope to work on this and I think it can only improve from here, because I am slowly accepting that life involves a lot of work and self-giving with less relaxation and time for myself than I have been trying to hold onto.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! You have a husband, two kids, and a job. That's a lot to take care of, and you manage it with a little elbow grease and a lot of grace (which sometimes comes shaped like Chris). Good things all around.

    ReplyDelete