I've had almost no time to do work, whether it be grading or planning, at home. If I did get around to doing some, it's usually after nine if not ten... at night. I'd get home, figure out dinner, play a little, get ready for bed,
On most of the Fridays, I went to my parents' house, and stayed long enough for dinner, because Chris stayed late at work and I had little else I wanted to do at home. I was thankful we could spend time with my parents
On the 14th, Chris's dad had surgery, so I did take off from work. Since then, Chris's mom has picked up Andrew and Lucy, driven them back to her house, and then either driven to the hospital or stayed at her home, until bringing them to an Arby's parking lot where I'll pick them up. Now that the surgery seems to have worked, though and Chris's dad no longer possibly needs oxygen, it looks as though things will start returning to normal.
One of these trips to pick up my babies was extended because I ran over a screw at some point. Last Tuesday, my mother-in-law stayed with the three of us at the McDonald's near the tire place while waiting to get my tire patched. I was really thankful I caught the flat tire and decided to do something about it, and really appreciative of my mother-in-law waiting until we could drive home.
We went to my grandparents' for three of the Sundays for football and bridge (and of course, family-time).
Andrew's associations are funny, mostly because they're accurate but not in sentences yet:
- My parents' house: train! walk! bird!
- My grandparents' house: car! card! walk! eat! bird!
- The latter happens as he sits in the chair in front of the Mac
- White truck: Tom!
- My uncle drives a white truck
Work's been going fairly well though. I know all of my students' names and for the most part, they're doing well. Two-thirds (or more!) have A's & B's! I don't know if it's because I'm being easier or if I figured out how to cut down all the book content and explain it or organize it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment