On Friday, my friend was helping Lucy get ready for bed because of Patrick's little party. Before helping with pjs, my friend asked Lucy if she needed to go potty. I didn't hear Lucy's answer, but my friend took her to the bathroom, where Lucy did indeed use the potty. Lucy came back and said she "peed in the potty!" She was really happy about it. I would've offered a congratulatory ice cream or candy or something, but they'd all just eaten cake.
Yesterday, when I got home from work, my MIL told me that Lucy was in underwear. Andrew informed me that Lucy peed on the floor of her room, which was also messy because "Lucy did it!" My MIL told me that Lucy had a great bladder, though, and only goes a few times a day in her diaper anyway. So I left her in underwear instead of changing her into a diaper. I asked Lucy multiple times over the course of the evening if she had to go, especially after her milk and smoothie and then dinner when she had more milk and a little water.
Well, after her dinner while I'm still eating, Lucy ran off across the house, and then comes back to me. "I peed, mommy."
I'm sitting there picturing a huge mess somewhere on the floor, as when Andrew was running around in underwear when he was 3 and getting ready for preschool. "Where, Lucy? In your underwear?" I asked.
"Yes, ma ma," she replied.
I asked her to take me where so I could clean it up and she showed me the smallest little puddles on the floor in our living room. I took her to the bathroom after cautioning Andrew not to step in them, sat her down on the froggy potty to see if she was done or not, and started the bath. She stood up a few minutes later announcing "I'm done, ma ma!" (Still not sure why she's calling me ma ma instead of mommy - I think it has to do with Patrick).
There were, in fact, a few drops in the bowl. Maybe she'll be mostly out of diapers by the end of the month... or at least by her birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment